[C320-list] Chesapeake Raft-up

warren updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 14 20:58:35 PDT 2009

Bruce Stumpp and I, and many others, often go into Swan Cr. and anchor.
There is plenty of water and there are often some 35' and up boats in there.
There is 6 to 7' of water near to the turn and back maybe half way to the
marina heading N up the creek. However, there are some shoals mostly on the
E side out from the duck blinds. Favor the center to W side. Just to be sure
we are on the same page, I refer to the part of the Cr. to port as you come
to the turn. If you turn to stbd you head toward Haven Habor Marina and
Ospray Pt. Yacht Club and marina. Stay away from 4th of July fireworks in
Rock Hall as this part of Swan Cr. is packed with boats many of them power
boats on short chains.

I'm sure Rod, and others slipping on Swan can give a better account.  I'm
not at all shy about going in there, just careful about my position and
swing.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay