[C320-list] Steering lubrication and rudder post lubrication

bruceheyman at cox.net bruceheyman at cox.net
Mon Mar 23 11:56:52 PDT 2009

When we got our 320 we asked similar questions.  There are no bearings or maintenance to be performed on the ruder post and shaft.  I was sent a drawing showing how to insert plastic shims into the rudder post log should the play become excessive.  The definition of excessive seems to be"...if the play or noise bothers you...".
Typically Edison recommends replacing the chain/cable once every five years.  You should disassemble the sheeves in the aft birth so that you can inspect and lube them.  There have been reports of the pins wearing through almost to the breaking point.
Bruce
Somerset 671 SoCal
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T