[C320-list] Fuel Filter

warren updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 26 12:58:14 PDT 2009

Michael, here is the Perkins number for the fuel filter: 130366020.  In a
pinch, you can also use Fram 3627.

Perkins has also changed the part no. for the oil filter 2-3 years ago. The
Perkins part I have is: Perkins 140516990.  You can also use a NAPAGold
1348.  This was sold to me by tadiesels.com when they were having trouble
getting the Perkins filter.  These filters have an internal, spring loaded,
pressure relief valve that allows the oil flow to bypass the filter.
Otherwise, if the filter were clogged and stopped oil flow, well, so-long
engine.  Many of the oil filters on the market will fit the threads; but,
not provide the bypass capability.

Feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any help with the Perkins.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay