[C320-list] left this August

Bruce Stanley brucestanley36 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 00:13:51 PDT 2009

Orlando
what an adventure!
west coast of Western Australia has BIG swells and Winds (some locations are
very remote) . I have a friend who has sailed around Australia and a number
of times Tasmania.
There is a 'Circumnavigate Tasmania Rally' which occurs from Hobart in
January .. highly recommended.
Then a sail up the east coast to the Great Barrier Reef would be an easier
route.
We sailed Darwin to Cairns last October/November. ... Top end east coast
Australia has 25k South Easters (dependable Trade Winds) the whole year ...
you have to wait for a break to come south.
I have sailed Hobart Tasmania to Sydney in February (1994) and 3 trips
Sydney to the Reef 1996, 1998(Port Douglas) and we were up there 2001.

June/July/August ... go north (with the prevailing SE winds) to the Reef and
enjoy its very best months in September/October. The winds change to NE by
then, so one tends to head back south.

keep in touch
Bruce Stanley C320 #1084
Sydney Australia