[C320-list] Pettit vivid VS Interlux VC Offshore.

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Fri May 1 02:29:01 PDT 2009

Rick,

I use Interlux Micron Extra here in Boston...I keep the boat in the water
year round every other year and paint when she comes out. I've had great
luck with it, but it is very expensive. It is a multi-season copolymer
(ablative). As Orlando suggests, Practical Sailor is a great source for
reviews of bottom paints. They do there testing in CT and FLA..Jeff Hare has
recommended a cheaper alternative, which is an Interlux product relabeled by
WM. I will probably give that a try when I paint again. If Jeff is out
there, he can provide the name as I don't recall the specific WM name. Also
a good idea to ask your neighbors what works for them as local waters are
particular to how well a given paint works....

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice #582