[C320-list] Fresh water pump advice...looked in archives already

Robert Seastream robert.seastream at comcast.net
Tue May 19 14:49:03 PDT 2009

All:

I looked in the archives for references to the Shurflo VSD line of
freshwater pumps and found nothing; perhaps I searched incorrectly.
If so, I'm sure I'll be set straight here.

I want to replace the wimpy OEM water pump with one of the
aforementioned line.  There exists a Shurflo VSD 'Extreme' series
'smart sensor' pump, microprocessor controlled, rated at up to 5.7 gpm
flow, up to 65 psi, no 'hammering', etc.  Prices range from ~210-250
US, depending on who you shop.  Sounds good, but I want to ensure it
will physically fit in the current location, and most critically,
ensure that the external threads on the new pump in/outlet match the
Whale fittings currently in use with the OEM pump.  Anyone?

Bob Seastream
Intuition # 906