[C320-list] Fresh Water Pump Keeps Failing

MARTIN and SUSAN RAPHAEL mraphael at q.com
Fri May 1 10:38:55 PDT 2009

I'm sure we all have different experiences, but I replaced my OEM water pump with a Shurflo Extreme (http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|51|299222|121271|567586&id=614023) and have been very pleased with it.  It is much more quiet than the original pump.  I did have one issue with that pump when I first installed it:  I found that it kept cycling on, even when all valves were shut and I could find no plumbing leaks.  I called shurflo and they said it was a defective pump and promply sent a new one out.  That one has worked flawlessly for the past 2 years so far.

But it does sound like something is amiss in your system -- that failure rate cannot be normal.  I wish I had suggestions about what to troubleshoot, but I don't.

Martin Raphael

Rhapsody #108