[C320-list] C320 port screens

Karl Mielenhausen _/) c320 at suddenlink.net
Sat May 16 18:21:55 PDT 2009

I have found that the screens are not easy to fit, especially when old
(ie. warped).

Lewmar offers this (from their website):
Flyscreen
The flyscreen is made from nylon mesh with a moulded frame which clips
onto the portlight outer frame. Flyscreen can be left in position when the
window is closed.

Some suggestions (from me):
1. They install from the outside and with the molded word "outside" out.
2. I find it easiest to install with the port open.
3. Place up against the frame and carefully deflect so each of the 4 small
tabs go between the port's frame and the port's gasket.
4. Press all around the flyscreen frame to make it as flat as possible.

If you can get it attached without it flying through the port and into the
cabin, consider yourself an expert!!

Best of luck....
Karl

--
Karl Mielenhausen
Catalina 320 Hull 690

Join us August 7-9, 2009 at Marina Del Rey, CA for our annual Catalina
320IA Regatta and Annual Meeting.