[C320-list] Post 2004 320 inspection

Karl Mielenhausen _/) c320 at suddenlink.net
Sun May 17 04:22:05 PDT 2009

When I put in my anchor washdown, I connected the suction side of the pump
to the waste line going from my head sink to the head sink thruhull. I
used a "Y" not a "T" to hook it in with the stem of the "Y" pointing down
to the thruhull and as close to it as possible. I think this is a truely
elegant solution.... I can use seawater to feed the pump for washdown
operations and then when I'm done cruising, I can close the thruhull and
flush out the washdown system by simply dumping fresh water into the sink.
If you need to winterize, you can substitute an antifreeze solution for
the fresh water. Watch for a write-up and pictures in the August Mainsheet.

Personally, I would be uncomfortable making a purchase of this magnitude
without having the benefit of a survey. It should cost about $20/ft, so
you are talking under 1% of the purchase price. You can probably save a
little by not having the surveyor go up the mast on a boat that new (few
want to do that anyway). Ask around and make sure your surveyor knows
Catalina's.

--
Karl Mielenhausen
Catalina 320 Hull 690

Join us August 7-9, 2009 at Marina Del Rey, CA for our annual Catalina
320IA Regatta and Annual Meeting.