[C320-list] Noise from shaft packing??

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Sun May 17 20:12:56 PDT 2009

Larry & Melissa-I have had GFO packing in my 2002 320 for almost 5 years
with the OEM propeller and the last 2 years with an Autoprop.  No noise from
the shaft when sailing with either propeller.  The Autoprop recommends you
put  in gear when sailing for it to feather, but even when you let the
Autoprop free wheel there no noise.

Bob Sloat
Savannah 894