[C320-list] Fresh water leak

jim pasley paslej1 at charter.net
Sat May 30 04:30:54 PDT 2009

Woo Hoo! I founds the leak!
It turns out I had two leaks. Both on the feed lines to my tanks. On the aft tank, where the feed line runs through a rabbit hole after passing through the bigle area under the motor, the line had chafed on the edge of the hole and was leaking (this was the biggest leak). Same thing on the line from the forward tank coming out of the rabbit hole just before the pump under the aft cabin berth (small leak, but was dripping pretty good) I cured the problem by running new supply lines and insulating the areas where the lines run through the holes. Only thing I can figure is that vibration over the years wore on the lines. The holes were very rough with sharp fiberglass edges.  Filled both tanks, pressurized the system and it is working great now with no leaks.
Thanks you all for your help. Needless to say. I have learned everything there is to know about where my lines are and how they are routed.
You guys are the greatest! It is 90 degress here today and I am heading out for a great day on the water. Thanks again.

Jim Pasley
Dream Weaver # 691 Lake Ozark, Missouri