[C320-list] Ahoy owners with Perkins engines

argates2nd at comcast.net argates2nd at comcast.net
Mon Nov 2 15:31:37 PST 2009

The Perkins in #182 ran well the past .2 weeks in FL after 6 months on the hard. Today, after running 15 minutes, an unholy noise developed which appears to be the water pump for the closed circuit coolant freezing up and causing the alternator belt to spin over that top pulley, screech, and burn.
The pulley spins ok now with the belt off and some turning -- but not real smoothly.
Has anyone experienced this problem?
Can the pump be repaired or a bearing replaced?
Any ideas will be appreciated. Our FL club racing starts in one week. Rollie #182