[C320-list] Link 20 Battery Monitor Installation

Mike Ott wmo48 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 11 17:06:39 PST 2009

Hello all,
I am installing a Xantrex Link 20 battery monitor and the installation looks pretty straight forward.  I bought the twisted pair cable to connect the sensor wiring but the ground wiring plan is vague.  The directions defer to battery load sizing.  I have 2 - 4D - 12 volt (wet) batteries.
I need help with 2 issues:
1) What size wire should I use for the shunt to battery ground connections ?
2) Where is the easiest place to pick up the 'DC System Negative' connection, the negative buzz bar at the DC panel ?  The engine block ?
Regards,
Mike
'Amanda Lu'