[C320-list] bottom paint

Chris Descher cdescher at cedtulsa.com
Tue Nov 17 10:41:51 PST 2009

I'm about to have the first bottom job done on my 12 year old, freshwater
boat.  Without much in the way of available options on who will do the work
and how it will be done, I really just need to decide whether the estimate
that I've received is reasonable.  The yard will haul it out, sand blast the
bottom, then pressure wash the bottom and hull sides, prime the bottom with
a light coat of bottom paint, then go back with two heavy coats of
anti-fouling bottom paint, and then apply a third coat along the water line.
They use Petit Un-epoxy Plus bottom paint.  Any blisters would be dealt with
separately.

Is there anything about this approach that seems wrong?

Thanks,

Chris Descher