[C320-list] ST4000+ Repair

Bernie Garrett berniegarrett at telus.net
Sat Nov 21 14:27:57 PST 2009

Hi folks,

Just a quick note to say I had a longstanding problem with my ST4000+
Autopilot giving a LOW BATT (low battery) alarm intermittently. Eventually
it was doing it every 5 minutes, so after swapping some wiring etc I sent
the control Head back to Raymarine who swapped the PCB for me. Apparently it
is a well known problem with some of these units. The cost was $200 which
was far cheaper than an upgrade to a new system, (or getting a marine
electronics technician to diagnose and replace wiring unnecessarily). The
autopilot tracks nicely and route follows well when linked to my GPS so I
will keep it for several more years I think.

Cheers
Bernie
Bernie Garrett,

#88 Antares