[C320-list] Grid liner & bilge design question - newer vs. olderissues

Rick Sulewski rsulewski at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 15 03:52:14 PST 2009

Sean,

I have hull # 277 since 1995 with a shallow bilge and have no problems with
water since I been using Teflon coated packing material and annually add
Teflon lubricant to the packing nut when I adjust the nut to reduce (almost
totally eliminates) water from entering the bilge. I also sealed off the
other segments of the bilge from gaining access to any water from the
packing nut.

I understand (but can not confirm) that the earlier hulls are faster because
of the shallow bilges (possibly lower wetted surface?).

In this economy I would go with the lowest cost per pound of any boat that
you can purchase in good/better condition!

Rick

My-Ria #277