[C320-list] Black stains from ports

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Wed Nov 18 05:46:05 PST 2009

Warren,

Our boat #809 does the same thing prettymuch anywhere water channels so I suspect it might just be the dirt from the rain clinging to the wax.

Catalina Direct was advertising somthing I think that would channel the water to drip off rather than run down the hull.   This probably doesn't help for the cabin-top ports however.

Some clever member years back, used some plastic (like that clear clamshell plastic crap everything's sold in these days) to make small deflectors so the rain would drip off away from the hull and not leave streaks.

-Jeff