[C320-list] Bimini and Dodger Sources

Kevin onedrop7 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 25 14:01:58 PST 2009

It was not cheap. It was by far the priciest upgrade I've done, and well worth it in my view. With the new canvas (and a thorough scrubbing and waxing) my 14 year-old boat looks like a different and much newer boat.

I hope I'm not breaching any etiquette in customer/vendor relations by sharing these prices, but I feel this is one of the ways that this list can help empower us as consumers.

Bimini - $900 (on existing frame, top viewport with cover)
Dodger - $1600 (on existing frame 40 GA strataglass tanara thread)
Connector - $300 (between bimini & dodger, zips on)
Bimini Stow Boot - $100
Wheel/Binnacle Cover - $325
Mainsail Cover - $360
w/ Dutchman zippered openings (2) - $70

TOTAL: $3655

The fabric is Sunbrella (color is Brass).

I don't think it was a bargain, but Dan and his team at Canvas Creations are skilled artisans and I did shop around for quotes and referrals. It's top quality work. Note that these prices included Dan driving 30 minutes to my boat and doing custom measurements. I give them a big thumbs up. http://www.canvascreationsinc.com

Also, to help the dodger last they made a cover for it that stays on whenever the boat is not in use. The dodger cover was $325. See it here: http://kevjot.com/boat/09pics/Pages/dodgercover.html

Kevin
S/V Cecilia Ann, #211
Deale, MD