[C320-list] Repower Update:

Bernie Garrett berniegarrett at telus.net
Fri Oct 30 12:28:55 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

Further to my earlier post I have moved on to order an engine. Thanks
everyone for the suggestions. Our venerable Perkins M30 is being removed and
I have ordered a Volvo Penta D1-30 engine. It took quite a bit of
consideration and I made the decision based on the fact this engine is a
very good fit, 2) has an excellent track record and is being fitted in many
new boats, 3) is very quiet, 4) is  a newer design with excellent emissions,
and of course 5) price.  The down side is parts are more expensive but they
are readily available and hopefully I won't be needing more than the usual
maintenance items. I'll take lots of pictures of the process and post on the
site.

So I do have a Perkins M30 Core which runs and has 3300 hrs on it if anyone
wants to make me an offer! E-mail me for details.

Regards
Bernie
Antares, Hull #88,

Point roberts, WA