[C320-list] Rocna Anchor

John Fitzgibbon chuters at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 8 09:45:55 PDT 2009

I switched to a Rocna Model 15 with 40 ft of 5/16 chain and 150 of 5/8’s line. It fits perfectly on the bow roller with no potential of contacting the hull. Once deployed and sits on the bottom it starts to set immediately when drifting back.  When backing down on the anchor with power is sets positively within about 3-5 ft.  I’ve used it at least 10 times without any issues.  Once in about 15 to 20 kts wind.

Considering the consequences of dragging your anchor in the middle of the night in gale force winds in an anchorage with the possibility of running aground or striking another vessel potentially damaging or causing the loss of you boat and/or hurting a crewmember I would say it was worth every penny.  Undoubtedly, one of the most important pieces of safety equipment that you have on board.

Jack
s/v Wetted Bliss