[C320-list] Tips for Changing Engine Antifreeze?

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 19 14:09:48 PDT 2009

Each Spring, I drain out about 1/2 gal. and replace with new. My Perkins engine holds 4L (135oz) plus maybe a quart for the water heater. My coolant stays clean and I don't have to fuss with flushing and etc.  This may not satisfy the purest among us; but, works for me.

I'm not sure if you are looking for general approach or specifically for technique on a Yanmar.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay