[C320-list] Bottom painting

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Thu Oct 29 12:37:39 PDT 2009

Hi Mike,

Nearly all bottom paints (except barrier paints) are Anti-fouling.  There are hard paints and ablative (soft paints that wear off) paints.
Your diver should be able to tell which of the two kinds you have.  Ablatives need to be reapplied when they're worn off and lose their effectiveness,  hard paints need to be reapplied when either they lose their effectiveness or start chipping off.

Read the West Marine articles on their website on bottom paint to better understand this.

That's really all the advise I can offer.

Cheers!
Jeff