[C320-list] Batteries

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Sat Oct 31 06:01:36 PDT 2009

Allan,

You did not dream this up, however I think the AGM's do lose something, but
less than the gels. In addition the AGM's can be drawn down without damage
(although not recommended)and brought back up to full charge. The real
danger with AGM's (and gels) is overcharging. The West Marine advisor used
to have these percentages, but I'm not sure if it's still out there.
Calder's book also uses these figures. I know that after 7 seasons, I'm very
happy with my AGM's. I feel they were well worth the premium. They are
typically at full charge in the spring with no maintenance charging over the
winter...

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice #582