[C320-list] Winter Covering

sail-ability at sympatico.ca sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Sat Oct 31 12:34:42 PDT 2009

Hello from Kingston ON. The suveyors around these parts are split 50/50 as to whether the stick should be up or down. I take the mast down every year and put a cover over the boat on a metal frame. With the stick down and stored off the boat it makes covering the boat much easier and gives a chance to inspect all the standing and running rigging. The downside is the cost and there is always the potential for damage but I've never had a problem.

Quite a few at my club take the mast down and lay it on the boat to support a tarp cover, others leave the stick up and a few others take the mast down every other year or so, so as to inspect the gear.

Cheers

Skipper John