[C320-list] Port gasket replacement questions--

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Thu Apr 22 05:23:45 PDT 2010

I plan on rebedding my opening ports and I have some questions for those who
have taken on this project:

.        I plan on using the Bomar Hatch tape in lieu of bedding compound.
Any tips on removing the old hatches and old bedding which appears to be a
clay like tape?

.        Is it better to remove the ports and then replace the gaskets-I'm
doing both

.        I have the old style ports with the horizontal 'gap'. I understand
from reading prior posts that this area will still need silicone.

Any other tips and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Jon Vez

Solstice #582