[C320-list] Microwaves (again)

Dave Anderer danderer at udel.edu
Sun Apr 25 07:25:00 PDT 2010

The intent of this note is not to start another microwave/no-microwave
debate.

==

My boat came with a microwave.  It failed this year and I concluded that I
wanted to keep that functionality if I could do so for a reasonable price.

The microwave I have is a no-longer-manufactured Samsung MU3250W.  Most
notably it is small - only about 9.75" high.  I did some looking around and
couldn't find any current models that would fit in the existing space.

However, I did find that parts are still available and reasonably priced for
this model.  I also found a place that would work on them cheaply and also
had a good information if you wanted to do the work yourself -
http://microwavedisplay.com

Encouraged by the information at that site, I dug into the unit and found a
dirty connection on the keypad->controller cable.  30 seconds of cleaning
and all is well with the world.

So, in some cases these things can be brought back to life cheaply and
quickly.