[C320-list] Thru Hull Failure HOSE CLAMPS

Bruce Stanley brucestanley36 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 00:56:51 PDT 2010

Just to alert you all to check your Hose Clamps.
Our C320 is nearly 4 years old.
We are in salt water 12 months of the year.
Today I was changing my Impeller and closed the engine water valve.
To my astonishment, both of the securing 2 Hose Clamps had rusted through!
That is right corroded thru!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Hose Clamps were factory fitted and appear to be the quality you could
use for Fresh Water boating,
or on a motor car ... definitely not in salt water.

Check your Hose Clamps, before it is sadly toooooooooo late.

Bruce Stanley
C320 #1084/Sydney Australia