[C320-list] Fw: Bilge Diesel

sholdr at aol.com sholdr at aol.com
Mon Apr 12 21:28:35 PDT 2010

I had some leakage from the gasket on the sending unit on top of the
tank -- not as much as you, but a definite smell -- over the winter (In
Texas, on the water) I fashoned a small  110 volt fan (10-inch fan like
one might put at one's desk)  with a custom sheet metal funnel attached
with duct tape and had it positioned in the inspection port under the
sole such that the fan blew air under the floor between it and the hull
all winter -- no more smell at all -- I guess it evaporated --  also
removes any water and/or mildew smell.

Camelot