[C320-list] Sink thru-hulls

wflowe3 at netscape.net wflowe3 at netscape.net
Fri Apr 16 07:13:48 PDT 2010

 I haven't tried this on the boat but you can get rubber packers that fit on the end of a garden hose.  When you turn on the water, the packers inflate blocking the drain pipe and directing a very high pressure water stream through the drain.  These come in different sizes, cost about $10 at Lowes/Home depot, and have saved me hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars on plumbing bills over the past 25 years. I use them several times a year to unplug my main drain through the basement floor drain.