[C320-list] Floor Shower Pump

Craig Zicari czicari3 at rochester.rr.com
Sun Aug 15 14:54:24 PDT 2010

I turned the shower pump on and while the pump motor ran it was not
pumping the water.  Then a heard loud sound which turned out to be the
small insert plug blowing out of the top of the vent hose elbow which is
in the cabinet on the wall behind the head.  I put the plug back in; the
pump did pump the water but it blew out again.

Do I have to replace the elbow to get one where the plug will stay in.
Any idea why it blew out.  I am assuming that there was an airlock in
the hose.  Or could it be that the drain was below the waterline so it
would not drain.  We were at the dock and water was quiet; the boat was
not rolling.

Thanks.