[C320-list] boat out

Dingo Is Talent dingoistalent at bigpond.com
Sun Aug 22 18:53:28 PDT 2010

hi fellow members
I went to haul my 320 out today on a slipway at my yacht club
Purpose built cradle on rails

After centring the boat we began to haul her up slowly and as the weight
came onto the keel I heard stressing noises as the fibreglass started making
cracking noises..in the area of the bilge.
Naturally I aborted the project as it seemed to me the keel was not able to
take the weight of the boat. Had both water tanks empty by the way..

Now even if the yacht comes out with a 'Tammy lift' it is usually rested on
its keel so I don't get it...

The question...has anyone ever experienced such noises and or damaged a 320
while bringing their boat up on the slip in this way?

I'd suggest the angle of this slipway as about 30 degrees

Love some feedback

Kind regards & Thanks
Ron (DINGO) Reddingius

1150