[C320-list] Engine mounts

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 4 04:36:35 PDT 2010

In 2006, DYI had an article on fasteners. As regards lock washers they
basically said they don't like them for the purpose of securing nuts:
"...lock washers not only do not work, they are dangerous and should not be
used."  What they recommend instead is a, "...alloy steel, through hardened
flat washer..."

They also caution that nylon lock washers are essentially a one-time use
item.

Should anyone want a copy of this issue of DYI, e-mail me off-list and I'll
send it.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay