[C320-list] Battery Charger Xantrex Truecharge 20 Installation

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Fri Aug 6 20:12:30 PDT 2010

Jamie-Have fun.  The original Pro Mariner on my 2002 C320 went out on the AC
side after 4 years and they gave me another one under warranty for a steep
discount.  It broke down 2 years later.  After that I bought the Xantrex
Truecharge 20, so yours was a wise choice.  I do think Pro Mariner now has
units like the Xantrex ones, but they lost their goodwill for me after my
experience.

Check out the fuses in the battery connection lines near the batteries.  One
of my had blown out when the second Pro Mariner went down. It took a while
to find these fuses on the internet.  None of the automotive stores or Radio
Shack had the ones needed for this service.  And you will need larger fuses
with the higher 40 amperage charger.

If you follow what I did be patient with cutting the terminals down.  I
spent a lot of time thinking and planning  how to make these large terminals
fit into the much smaller Xantres female terminalsand.  I planned to put the
installation on the the C320 site, but after it got done, I lost the energy
to take every thing apart and do digital photos for posting.  During my
adventure I temporarily installed the Xantrex and after all the wiring was
done I moved the charger around a little to make all the connection wires
line up and looking like a factory install.  The only down side is on my
unit you have to reach into the locker and punch a small button with a
pencil to go into the equalization mode.  I think Xantrex now has a remote
control remote panel that allows this from the cabin.  I don't think my
slightly older unit will link up to a remote control panel.  I do have a
remote panel, but its only function is to indicate charging state and
battery voltage which is good enough for me.

If you have any hang ups contact me directly.

Bob Sloat
Savannah #894