[C320-list] Recommendations for New Dodger - San Diego or Seattle Area

Dick Walker dickwalker at att.net
Wed Aug 18 14:40:05 PDT 2010

See Below

-----Original Message-----
From: c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com
[mailto:c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com] On Behalf Of Chris Burti
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:22 PM
To: C320-List at catalina320.com
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Recommendations for New Dodger - San Diego or
Seattle Area

For me, absolute 'must' features are three ample handhold holes across the
aft bow with an external grab handle on each side and velcro closures where
the lines leave the deck organizer, pass through the bottom of the foward
part of the dodger on the way to the clutches.
[Dick Walker]
1. Agree 2 or 3 hand holds
2. I would not use Velcro but nylon zippers
3. Best possible plastic glass with covers for storage.
4. Since you are have one made to order consider the height.  We made one
that my 5'6 wife and her 6'2 husband could see under and over.
5. Make sure it is back far enough to cover the hatch - a good thing in the
rain in the NW.
6. Consider at the same time have a cover to cover the entire dodger for
long term storage.  Much cheaper than redoing the dodger.

P.S. Dave come to Coronado and see mine.

Dick Walker
WindWalkerII #687
619.435.8986

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 2:18 PM, David Swanson <kswanson123 at comcast.net>
wrote:
> We have a 2007 C320 MK II that we are relocating from San Diego to
Seattle.  The boat currently has a Captain Navy Sunbrella bimini installed
and we want to have a matching Captan Navy Sunbrella soft dodger designed
and installed as well.

> Do any of you C320 owners have any recommendations of a marine canvas shop
in either San Diego CA or Seattle WA that could make and install a new
dodger for our C320?

> Any and all advice on dodger type, features, and your experiences with or
referrals to marine canvas shops on the west coast would be welcome.

--
Chris Burti Farmville, NC