[C320-list] SS covers over turnbuckles

Jane & Ken obuoy4848 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 22 10:41:21 PDT 2010

John,
   My take on the SS covers is that they are cosmetic first and protection from sail tears second--except for the ones covering the backstays----just cosmetic.  They do provide a "safe" haven for the spiders we have at our lake--I also do not like them, especially when a few wraps of sail tape around the cotter keys will protect the sails from tears----That said, they do look nicer---duh.  Ken, OBUOY, #219