[C320-list] Sticky White Paint in C320 Lockers

John Frost john at frostnet.net
Tue Aug 24 05:24:39 PDT 2010

We have had this exact problem on all 3 Catalina's the we have owned (1985
25', 1995 270 and 2007 320) We have found that a simple fix is to line the
lockers with shelf liner contact paper from Target or Wal-Mart. Hold the
paper in place and trace the outline with a pencil. Then peel off the
backing and stick it up. If you are not happy, peel it up and re stick it. I
used clear on one and it looked nice, but this time I used a cedar pattern
and it looks great. Not only does it remove the sticky problem, but it also
smoothes out the fiberglass so cloth doesn't stick. The expensive boats
solve this with a liner, but that is the kind of shortcut that Catalina
takes to give us so much boat for the money.

Happy Sailing!

John
2007 C320MKII
Hull 1118