[C320-list] 12 volt receptacle on steering pedistal

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Wed Aug 25 05:19:42 PDT 2010

I've done this for my GPS....very easy to do. I simply drilled a hole in the
side. It doesn't matter which side, but Starboard is preferable only because
it is close to the starter--which is where I tapped off the power. Simply
ground to any convenient instrument in the panel for negative (you will see
the ground wires throughout). There is plenty of room inside...The only
suggestion I would make is to look for a 'waterproof type receptacle. The
first one I used was a standard cigarette receptacle, but it quickly
corroded. I ended up finding the kind they use for trolling motors and it
has been fine for the past 7 seasons....hope this helps....

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice #582