[C320-list] Pulling Wires

Paul Rickman ilove2sail at verizon.net
Tue Dec 7 07:15:18 PST 2010

Most of the wire running through the boat is in a cable run along the port side,
behind the cabinets and microwave. When I installed my GPS I was able to
first run a stiff wire from inside the lazaret. Attached the new wire to that
and pulled it through. If you plan to run it through the pedestal, you can try
two things. In mine, only one side had wire, I used the empty tube. This will
take two people, using a shop vac try sucking a string through the pedestal
tube. This of course after drilling the appropriate hole. Or, just shove a stiff
wire down through the drilled hole so that it comes out the bottom of the
pedestal. You'll have to also drill a hole down through the boat at the bottom
of the pedestal. I recently had a broken wire inside the pedestal (probably
where
someone drilled into the tube and hit the wire). I just taped a string to the
wire
and pulled it through, reattached the new wire to the string and pulled in back
where it needed to go. Just give it some thought and you'll figure it out. Also,
you can buy a rubber grommet to fit into the hole to finish it off. You can buy
these at West Marine or your local hardware store, sized to the hole of course.

Paul
Affinity 657
Bay Bridge Marina
Chesapeake Bay Maryland