[C320-list] Preventer

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Fri Dec 10 07:21:59 PST 2010

I added the Garhauer Line adjustable genoa cars.  So, I moved the old stock cars to the cabin top tracks.

I tie a bowline through the center of the aftmost mainsheet block attached to the boom.  The line runs forward through the cabin top genoa car and back to the aft cleat.

I can ease or tighten the preventer from the helm.

I'm using a chunk of StaySet that is about the same diameter as the genoa sheets. It reasonably stretchy and eliminates most of the shock loading that occasionally happens.

-Jeff