[C320-list] Dutchman Flaking System

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 21:19:37 PST 2010

If it is rigged and adjusted strictly according to the maufacturer's
instructions, it operates smoothly, functions well, is simple to
maintain and is far superior to jack lines.

The manuafacturer says you don't need to put zippers in your sail
cover, but that requires you to slacken the lines to get the guide
lines under the cover and that in turn requires constant readjustment.
I beleive that this  leads to a lot of dissatisfaction and complaints
about it not working. I put zippers in our cover, so it is pretty much
set and forget.

Biggest down side is that sail removal is a bit more complicated and
your main sail must be modified.

--
Chris Burti Farmville, NC