[C320-list] Dutchman Flaking System

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Wed Dec 15 04:48:49 PST 2010

Warren,

I used to do the same as you to prepare my sail track for easy movement--I
believe I saw a story in PS suggesting that soapy water will only last
temporarily and attract dirt. So for the past several years I have simply
sprayed the lugs with McLube and sprayed inside the track as high as I can
reach from deck level. This has worked superbly and I've retired my
microfiber cleaning device. As for your aft line, it sounds like the line
was threaded incorrectly on those last two grommets. I've put a little mark
on each Dutchman grommet indicating which way the line should go in. The
only time I remove the line is when I have to replace it--all though for
some reason mine have never broken!

I also want to echo your thanks to Karl--I know we all appreciate his and
the other volunteers for all the work they do to make owning our boats that
much more enjoyable--and educational....

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice #582