[C320-list] - Gales cut fleet in Sydney to Hobart race - Yahoo! News

Stephen Cox scox at timmin.com
Tue Dec 28 06:23:32 PST 2010

Ah the folly of racing and the need for speed!  With three others as crew I
have recently sailed Tegwen #1141 from Batemans Bay (south of Sydney) to
Hobart.  We took a more leisurely pace and were prepared to wait for
suitable weather opportunities.  Consequently we took seventeen days rather
than three or four.

If you are curious there is a blog to be found at
http://tegwen-1141.blogspot.com/.  The plan is to continue sailing mid
January with a circumnavigation of Tasmania (assuming suitable weather can
be had for the West Coast, an area whose reputation is most fearsome) and
then sailing back home from Hobart early in March.

Stephen Cox
Tegwen #1141