[C320-list] Bimini & Dodger protection- Suggestions?

Pat Moriarty patm at psiurethanes.com
Wed Feb 3 05:21:52 PST 2010

To clarify something lets get a few people to measure from the deck
to the gooseneck pin on the boom and see if everyone has the same
height. I believe my boom has been raised to solve this problem and I
would measure the 320 next to me but it is a boom furler and may be
different since it is fixed position. We should have 65F Saturday so
it will not be a burden for me to do this,,,HAHAHA

Pat #130

At 10:45 PM 2/2/2010, you wrote:
>Bernie,
>
>Having the same problem.  I am attacking it two ways.  The canvas
>shop is going to repair my existing damage and will put in
>sacraficial cloth.  I had asked about the stuff I think Chris Burti
>mentioned, but the shop told me that stuff can shrink.  So I opted
>for the regular cloth.
>
>I am also going to try and move the rear block that is connected to
>the rear bale "forward" by adding a longer shackle.  I was going to
>increase the length of the shackles on the main sheet traveler, but
>APS, a performance shop in Annapolis said  "weird unpredictable
>forces on the hardware".  So I am going for the rear shackle instead
>as I think it takes less force.  I have put the question to Catalina
>what the working load of that shackle should be.  Have not heard
>back will likely need to call.
>
>The other option, the one I won't use until I have no others, is to
>have the dodger tubing modified (cut down and lowered) and the canvas re-cut.
>
>Coming from a performance boat (C&C) mainsail shape is everything to
>me. The 320 is by no means in the same class, but its not slow
>either and mainsail shape will help.
>
>Let us all know what you end up doing and I will do the same.
>
>-Brad, Mary, Monica, and Jarod
>"Independence"
>2004 Catalina 320 Hull 1006
>Middle River, MD