[C320-list] GPS Antenna Mount Location?

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Tue Feb 23 19:27:59 PST 2010

Hi Sean,

We have the RayMarine gps (425?) Antenna rail mounted and find that if someone rests  their arm on it for more than a few seconds that we lose our fix.

While it might work below deck, it might not work in more adverse weather conditions below deck.  It all comes down to the signal strength.

Try it in and see if you can still get a fix below deck in heavy rain.

Let us know what you learn.

-Jeff H