[C320-list] [C320-List] Electrical Problem

Mike Paris mparis495 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 17:19:24 PST 2010

I replaced the charger with a Xantrex Truecharge2 and I replaced the batteries with Interstate flooded 4Ds. I still have something that is draining the batteries very quickly. I went out today with both batteries fully charged and the battery switch set to "2." I had the ST-60 gauges, C90 chartplotter/radar, and refrigerator on. I moitored out about 20 minutes and, after sailing for about 20 minutes, checked the batteries. The battery in use (#2) showed that it was already down to 75%. I only have the stock battery meter but I'm planning to get a LinkPro. I turned the refrigerator switch off but left all of the instruments on and sailed on for another couple of hours. The battery did not drop any further and, in fact, I was able to start the engine with it still set to "2."

What should my next steps be to get this situation resolved?

Thanks to all,
Mike P

Begin forwarded message: