[C320-list] Bimini versus sun awning

Amirault Family - S&B amiraults at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 15 15:55:31 PST 2010

I too have the mini awning which zips to the dodger and is secured to the
backstay using an extending aluminum pole. This is quite effective for some
quick shade and it gets use when at the dock for the day or brief periods on
the hook.

It does not supply nearly the sun or rain protection we want when at anchor
for extended periods but I was not prepared for the expense of a bimini
which would not supply the protection I am looking for anyway. We opted to
build an awning of our own design. It lacks the professional appearance of a
manufacturers' model but still meets our needs very well. I have uploaded
photos and a brief description to the Amirault Family's Album.  I there is
no interest I would still appreciate one member confirming that the album is
accessible as this is my first attempt at making photos available.

Brian Amirault
797 waltzing Bear, too