[C320-list] Yanmar 3GM30F - Synthetic - why not

Robert Seastream robert.seastream at comcast.net
Mon Jan 18 12:49:52 PST 2010

I also considered using 'synoil' in my Yanmar, mostly because it
should increase the interval between changes.  However considering
Yanmars' response included the comment "please continue to change it
at the recommended interval for your engine as specified in the
operator's handbook." and the higher cost of synoil, I see no benefit
to its' use.  I change my oil twice yearly (haulout & launch), and put
250 hours or less on the engine per year.

Bob Seastream
Intuition # 906