[C320-list] Dodger and Bimini Rub

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 18 19:09:16 PST 2010

Brad, from what I hear, mid-boom sheeting is a compromise at best. Boom-end
is preferred. That is one reason why Hunter (burn my tongue,) has the SS
arch with the traveler mounted on it so the moment of force is as far back
on the boom as possible.  Moving the bale forward is in violation of the
designers intents.  Inviting problems.

I added a leather chafe patch to the front of my dodger. Just make sure you
don't allow the main to luff unless the topping lift has a strain and is
holding the boom up.  In port or at anchor, secure the boom to one side of
the centerline to be sure it won't chafe the dodger.

Learn to live with it.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay