[C320-list] Fw: PHRF

Karl Mielenhausen _/) C320 at suddenlink.net
Fri Jan 22 06:57:18 PST 2010

NC-PHRF has my rating at 171.

That is with the wing keel, 135% Jib on a furler, and 3-blade sea anchor
(fixed pitch prop).
The base rating is 159.
I do not believe that NC-PHRF differentiates between the fin and wing
keels for the C320 but they do for some of the other Catalinas. Perhaps
they have yet to rate a fin version.

The allowance I get for the prop (6 seconds/mile) is nowhere near what it
usually costs me, especially when the winds are light. And that's mainly
why I don't race this boat.

Karl

--
Karl Mielenhausen