[C320-list] engine hours

Robert Seastream robert.seastream at comcast.net
Tue Jan 26 09:41:18 PST 2010

My boat had about 110 hours on it when I purchased it at three seasons
old.  Tell buyers that engine hours vary greatly due to why the engine
is used:  travel time to offshore, days with/without wind, schedules,
don't know how to sail, etc.  Tell 'em that diesels are more reliable
than gas engines at least since they've no ignition system to
maintain.  A well maintained diesel should go at least 5000 hours
between overhauls (NOT replacement), sometimes longer.

Bob Seastream
Intuition # 906